Tuesday 12 April 2016

Writers on Reading: Jojo Moyes



http://www.jojomoyes.com/

Jojo Moyes is an award winning romantic novelist who began her career in journalism. Although Jojo has only been a published author since 2002 she has written 12 novels, including her most recognised works 'Me Before You' (soon to be released in cinemas, it looks fantastic!) and 'The last letter from your lover'. Born in London and living in Essex, Jojo still continues to write as a journalist in addition to her work as an author, and you can find her articles in the Daily Telegraph. 

What is the first book you remember reading?
Lots of books from the Peter and Jane and Pat the dog series


What effect does being an author have on you as a reader?
I think I look at the underpinnings. Richard Madeley recently said it was like being able to look at a car engine instead of just admiring the bodywork, and I think that's it exactly. I am perhaps even more admiring if I think they've done something magnificent - I'm reading The Goldfinch at the moment and I keep wanting to applaud the author for her characterisation. But I also find I have little patience if I think the writer is being lazy or formulaic.


Are there any books you can read again and again?
Anything by Nora Ephron.


Are there any genres that you wouldn’t choose to read?
This may seem odd given the way I"m packaged, but I don't read chick-lit.


What is the current book on your nightstand/coffee table?
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.


Jojo's collection of short stories Paris for One and Other Stories' is released in November 2016, 'Me Before You' is released in the cinemas on June 3rd.



No comments:

Post a Comment